Your website is the foundation of your business. It is also where they can purchase your products.
If your website doesn’t function properly or is out of date, you could be losing significant sales opportunities.
Web design is responsible for 94% of first impressions. Web design is responsible for 94% of first impressions.
Regular website maintenance can prevent these issues.
This article will explain website maintenance and why it is important for your business.
What’s website maintenance?
Website maintenance refers to keeping your website current and working properly.
Why is website maintenance so important?
Why website maintenance is important for your business.
1. The majority of customers conduct their research online.
87% of people research online before buying a product.
Customers who have had a bad experience with your website will most likely visit a competitor’s site to get the best deal.
2. The first impression users get of your website
Customers are likely to leave your website if it is not working well or looks outdated.
3. Your website can help you grow your sales
Your website is essential in helping customers make purchases.
4. Site visitors value user experience
89% of consumers will shop with a competitor when they experience poor user experiences. This encourages customers to stay on your site, and it increases your sales chances.
5. Website maintenance plans improve security
Regular maintenance is a good way to protect your site from cyber threats.
Your customers will feel more at ease shopping on your website if there is security.
6. Strategy: Website maintenance is crucial to your success
Google may consider this a sign that users are leaving your site more often than they arrived. Lower search results ranking could indicate less traffic to your site.
Search engine rankings may be affected by persistent technical issues, security problems, or outdated content or website structure.
What’s the cost of website maintenance?
Website maintenance costs may vary based on the site type.
- It is easy to maintain a personal website. The cost ranges from $5 to $25 per month
- Small business website maintenance may be as expensive as $100 per month
- A corporate website can be maintained for between $200 and $3500
- Ecommerce website maintenance costs can be as low as $1500 to as high as $2500
Additional website maintenance fees
These are the main points to remember when looking at website maintenance costs.
1. Renewal of domain names
When you created your website, you purchased a domain. This is your website’s address.
Domain names typically cost between $0.08 to $1 per month and $2 to $20 annually.
Domain names can be very affordable, but you must pay your bills on time to avoid someone else buying your domain.
2. Secure Sockets layer (SSL) certificate
Also, make sure your website has an SSL certificate. It helps protect your website.
Sites that have an active SSL certificate display HTTPS in their URL instead of HTTP. Many browsers also display a padlock icon beside the URL.
An SSL certificate might be free if you host a website. An SSL certificate may be free if you use a hosting site.
Pay your SSL fees promptly to keep your certificate active and secure.
3. Hosting a website
Hosting is another cost to maintain your website. There are two options.
There are many choices when it comes to web hosting providers.
- Shared hosts allow your website to access a shared server with other websites.
- Wix or WordPress are simple-to-use website builders. They cost between $60 and $180 per year.
- If you choose virtual private servers (VPS), you can still share a server. Your provider will split the server into multiple VPSs to ensure that you have a certain amount of server space. VPSs can be purchased for as little as $240 per annum and as much as $600.
- All users have full access when you buy a dedicated server.
What’s website maintenance?
How can you maintain your website? These are the most important tasks in website maintenance.
- Annual testing of your website: Test your website at least once a year after any updates. Verify if there are any broken links. Be aware of incorrect or out-of-date information Bring in an outsider to give your company a new perspective. Your site’s usability.
- Browser compatibility Testing: Test your website with different browser versions at least once a year.
- Check your forms, checkout process, and forms quarterly. Ensure that your forms and checkout process are tested at least once a quarter.
- Software updates: Check your hosting provider and security provider for updates every month. These updates are vital to maintaining security and functionality. You should try to install patches as soon as possible.
- Your website should be backed up. This will help you to avoid spending significant time or money if something goes wrong. Backups of your website can help you save time and money. Automatic backup Every month, make sure your backup is functioning. If you don’t have an automated backup, you can do a manual backup.
- Weekly review of key metrics Google Analytics At least once per week, review the performance of your website. At least once per week, your website should be evaluated for performance. Key performance indicators (KPIs), Your website should help you reach your goals. You can make changes to your website if it isn’t meeting your goals.
This website maintenance services list does not cover all possible tasks.
You have two options to achieve your goals: either you can create a more detailed website maintenance plan, or you can hire a professional website management firm.
Kobe Digital offers website maintenance
Keeping your website in good standing will help improve your company’s image and keep you safe.
We offer a variety of maintenance packages to make sure your website stays up-to-date and works properly.
We offer a full-service digital marketing agency.
- Web design
- Advertising management via Pay-per-Click