Many believe email marketing is dead. It is far from being dead.
Email marketing is still a crucial part of any digital marketing strategy. It is a fast and effective way to nurture leads and turn them into loyal customers. It’s also very cost-effective, with some studies proving a ROI of up to 4,400%
Email marketing software is a must-have tool for any marketer. You can communicate with your customers more effectively if you have the right tools.
We have created a guide to email marketing software for marketers and business owners. We will share reviews of 8+ top email marketing software and discuss the key factors you should consider when selecting a solution. You’ll also find helpful tips for choosing the right system for you business.
We should immediately get started without further delay!
What is email marketing software?
Email marketing software can be described as an app or solution that will power your email marketing efforts. It allows you plan, create, implement, track, and monitor the performance of your email marketing campaigns.
Email marketing software provides you with the ability to communicate and grow your subscribers at the most basic level. The software’s core features generally include:
- Email templates
- Email editors
- Form builders
- Schedulers and auto-responders
- Analytics and reporting
This software is more powerful and offers marketing automation, customer segmentation, and marketing automation. You can create personalized campaigns at scale.
Why is email marketing software so important?
Email marketing software is still a strategic tool for all businesses, regardless of size and industry. It allows enterprises to build long-lasting and healthy relationships with prospects and customers.
Not to mention that email marketing tools are constantly improving, which makes features such as automation, personalization and A/B-testing even more valuable for marketers looking to connect with a fragmented audience.
Emails sent to a platform specifically designed for email marketing will be:
- Send professional, effective emails
- To ensure that your emails get through, keep your email size small
- You can leave the heavy-duty emailing to a dedicated email server
- You can automatically handle unsubscribes
- Take control of your bouncebacks
- Let us know how successful your email campaigns are
- You can track some information such as your open rates, click through, unsubscribe rate, and so on.
Consider these top factors when selecting email marketing software
We have now covered the basics of email advertising software. Let’s talk about the most important considerations when looking for an email marketing solution.
These are the most important things to remember when selecting your email marketing software.
Your needs and preferences
Although this should be obvious, not everyone takes the time to clarify their needs. Prior to jumping in with your solution, make sure you understand your email marketing needs.
These are some of the points to keep in mind:
- Your list’s size
- What message types do you wish to send?
- Your success is measured by the KPIs and other metrics that you use
- You want automation capabilities
- You can choose the templates and designs that you would like to use
It’s much easier to narrow down your options and research once you have a clear understanding of what you want and need.
If you have an idea of what email templates you would like, you can choose solutions that will make it easy to implement them. You can also focus on email marketing software that supports drip campaigns and responders if you already know you will be sending sales emails.
Your industry and type of business
Some email marketing software is more targeted at specific types of businesses. While some tools are great for E-commerce, others work better for coaches or consultants. There are also tools that work well in multiple fields.
It’s important to choose an email marketing tool that suits your business. Before you sign up, make sure to review the terms and conditions of your provider. This will ensure the solution is suitable for your industry and business type.
Avada email, for example, lists the industries it does not work with. These include pharmaceutical products, gaming services or products, multi level marketing, and so on.
This will save you a lot of time. The last thing you want to do is create an account and then find out the software doesn’t support your type of business.
Email software is available for every budget. Compare different pricing plans to ensure you get the best value for your money.
Many email marketing services use the SaaS model. They offer tiered pricing that is based on the size of your email list, the volume of emails, and the features you require, or all three.
Your technical skills
Do you want to do the work of configuring email settings and designing your emails? Or would you prefer to have it done professionally?
No matter what your technical abilities, you should choose an email marketing platform that suits them. A platform that allows drag-and-drop interfaces is best for those who want an easy and intuitive interface with minimal coding.
If coding is your thing and you want full control over the look, feel and settings of your emails, then you can find a developer-friendly platform which allows you to customize your core content.
Your support requirements
Another important consideration is customer support. Customer service is another important consideration. Do you prefer to chat with someone over the phone or use live chat? Are you the type of person who prefers to find answers online using an online knowledge base, forum or forum?
Look into customer reviews and the offerings of the provider to find the best support.
Email marketing software uses your provider’s IP address. This is shared with its users.
You should choose a solution with a strong IP reputation. Most reputable email marketing companies take care of their sender representatives. Many have anti-abuse systems.
Email marketing should not be done in isolation. To get the best out of your marketing efforts, connect email with other parts of your business such as your Ecommerce website, POS system and CRM.
Your systems may be “talking” to one another but data should flow seamlessly from one platform to the next. This will increase efficiency and reduce costs. Instead of re-entering customer data from your POS to your email system, you can connect both software so that users can be added to your mailing list at point of sale.
You can also connect your email marketing tool to your E-commerce site to automatically import product images and descriptions.
Integrations reduce double-entry and increase productivity. It is important to choose an email marketing platform that connects with your existing systems.
8 Best Email Marketing Software
There are many email marketing software options. It can be overwhelming to choose the right one for you business, but it is essential if your email campaigns are going to succeed.
We’ve put together a list of the top 8 email marketing software on the market to make it easier. This list should serve as a good starting point for your research.
1. AVADA Email Marketing
AVADA email marketing is the best and most cost-effective way for merchants to convert customers and establish long-lasting relationships with their customers through multiple email marketing apps.
This solution supports you in quickly setting up and managing all your email campaigns including abandoned cart and follow up emails.
Key features for AVADA Email Marketing:
- Marketing automation. You can create premade automation emails to follow up with your audience at every touchpoint. It is easy to reach, engage and convert your customers and raving fan base. It can generate welcome emails, follow-up emails and cross-sell, downsell emails.
- Beautifully-designed templates. Pre-built templates for different brands. With a simple drag-and-drop editor, you can quickly start your newsletter campaigns!
- Segmentation. Segmentation is a great way to increase your chances of winning if you can sell your products/services to people who really want them. AVADA Email Marketing allows you to send the right messages to the right people using its advanced segmentation features.
- Forms. AVADA Email Marketing offers Newsletter popup/ Spin to win to easily collect emails. Exit Intent Popups are more than just a way for E-commerce store owners and managers to send out useful information or updates to their customers.
- Advanced reports. Comprehensive reports allow you to keep track of your email performance and view multiple KPIs such as opened, clicked, unsubscribed and revenue.
- Drag-and-drop email editor is easy to use
- Professional and beautiful email templates
- An affordable email marketing automation tool
- Unlimited automation campaigns to convert customers throughout their buying journey
- Top-notch customer support
- FREE PLAN
- Pro Plan: $9/ month
Moosend is one of the most reliable and versatile email marketing platforms. Moosend is used by businesses of all sizes, including startups and Fortune 500 companies.
It is easier to get to grips with the platform than with its competitors. However, don’t confuse that simplicity with a lack of capabilities. Although Moosend is easy to use, many of its tools and features are more advanced.
Key features for Moosend:
- Email editor. Drag-and-drop email editors have taken over the email industry. Professional designs are just a click away. Email marketing is a fast way to grow your business. You can easily create, segment and personalize campaigns without any coding knowledge.
- Segmentation. You can make many condition combinations with Moosend and segment your audience based upon their behavior on your website or emails. This allows you to create highly personalized experiences.
- Data analytics. Data analytics can help you build engaging strategies and maximize engagement.
- A/B testing. Moosend allows you to master newsletter design by using A/B testing to measure engagement. You can test everything from subject lines to videos, and track down performance factors.
- Easy-to-use drag-and-drop email editor
- High quality customization templates
- Campaign optimization is made easy with built-in automation tools
- Real-time reports
- Version with all the features available
- Sign up forms could be improved
- Sometimes loading times can be slow
- Plan for free
- Pro Plan: Starts at $10/month
- Enterprise plan: custom price
ActiveCampaign will provide everything you need, no matter if your business is a startup or a large enterprise. To help customers send less emails and achieve better results, the software places a lot emphasis on automation.
ActiveCampaign is now one of the most used email marketing tools with over 90,000.
The key features of ActiveCampaign are
- Marketing automation. ActiveCampaign is one of the best visual automation builders.
- Email designer. To send emails, you don’t have to be a technical wizard. ActiveCampaign’s drag and drop email designer makes it easy to create beautiful campaigns in minutes.
- Site and event tracking. Automate your email marketing campaigns using event triggers and how visitors interact with your site.
- Live chat. In minutes, you can add live chat functionality directly to your website. It connects to your automation sequences quickly. The platform also allows you to use mobile apps to respond to live chat messages.
- Top-notch automation
- A CRM system is built in to help you better manage your sales and contacts
- Thorough reporting
- Migration is free
- It can be difficult to navigate the dashboard at first
- Sometimes the app is slow
- Starts at $15/month for the Lite Plan
- Plus plan: Starts at $70/month
- Starts at $159/month for a Professional Plan
- Starts at $279 per month for an Enterprise Plan
4. Campaign Monitor
Campaign Monitor, another well-known brand in email marketing, is also an integral part the marketing technology company CM Group. It counts Adidas and Huffington Post as its 250,000 customers.
The platform is a strong tool for small and medium-sized business, especially E-commerce, entertainment, travel, media, and non-profits.
Campaign Monitor’s key features:
- Newsletters. You want to keep your subscribers informed and up-to-date about your business. Campaign Monitor offers a useful newsletter feature that will help you accomplish this easily.
- Workflows. Pre-built workflows and automation recipes are available on the platform. These will make it easy to welcome new customers, capture abandoned carts, follow up with orders and request feedback from your customers.
- Segmentation. Campaign Monitor’s segmentation feature streamlines customer targeting. Campaign Monitor makes it easy for you to identify prospects, loyal customers, and lapsed customers so that your campaigns can be targeted accordingly.
- Visual product reviews. This tool allows customers to easily upload photos of their products. Cool part? You can embed user-generated content onto your website and in your email campaigns.
- User-friendly interface that is intuitive
- There are many email templates that you can choose from
- Automated segmentation and robust automation capabilities
- Strong analytics tool
- There are not many integrations
- Importing contacts may not be an easy process
- Starter Plan: Starting at $9/month
- Growth plan starting at $29 per month
- Starts at $49/month for a professional plan
SendinBlue was created to solve the problems that small and medium-sized businesses face with email marketing. Although they started as a digital agency initially, the range of features that are available today shows that they are serious about becoming a top player on the market.
Software receives positive reviews from review sites. SendinBlue is a well-known name in email marketing, with more than 80,000 clients, including Louis Vuitton, Michelin, Amnesty International, and tons of startups.
SendinBlue’s key features:
- Marketing automation. It is possible to create workflows that send out messages automatically based on certain triggers. You can also create more personalized workflows that are tailored to your needs and preferences.
- Segmentation. Segmentation can be used to group similar contacts or segment users based upon demographic and behavioral data.
- Responsive designs. SendinBlue provides more than 70 templates that can be adapted to different screens. You can create your own template if you don’t see the one you need.
- Transactional emails. E-commerce requires some transnational emails, such as order confirmations. SendinBlue offers special tools to create and optimize these messages.
- Drag-and-drop designer
- There are many templates to choose from
- Powerful segmentation features
- Excellent for lower budgets
- There are not many integrations
- Account setups that are clunky
- Plan for free
- Starts at $25/month for the Lite Plan
- Premium plan: Starts at $65/month
- Enterprise plan: custom price
GetResponse has over 350,000 customers from 183 countries. This company is a familiar name in the world of email marketing. It has been in existence for over 15 years and, like the software, offers many other solutions than email marketing such as funnels, webinars and landing pages.
GetResponse’s key features:
- Email editor. GetResponse is an easy-to-use email editor that allows you to drag-and-drop functionality as well as templates. This eliminates the need for you to create emails from scratch.
- Various email types. You can create and send various types of email, including autoresponders, one time broadcasts, perfectly-timed messages, automated emails flows, segment-specific emails and automated blog digests.
- Personalization and targeting. Dynamic content, also known as “smart HTML”, allows you to tailor your messages to each user’s preferences and behavior.
- Split testing and reporting. You can monitor your performance and keep track of metrics such as clicks, bounces and mobile views.
- Easy to use
- Simple drag-and-drop email editor
- A wide range of templates that are not in the box
- Various email types
- Good segmentation ability
- There are fewer templates than other email marketing software.
- There is no phone support available for non-premium plan customers
- Basic plan starts at $15/month
- Plus plan: Starts at $49 per month
- Starts at $99/month for a professional plan
MailChimp began as an aside project in 2001. Ben Chestnut, Dan Kurzius and Dan Kurzius were the founders of MailChimp. They created Rocket Science Group, a web design agency. MailChimp was also one of their offerings. MailChimp grew rapidly and today has millions of customers. It is also 100% founder-owned.
MailChimp has grown its offerings over the years by adding landing pages and a variety of ad tools. MailChimp’s email marketing software is still its crown jewel. It is flexible enough to be used by an established company but simple enough to use for a startup’s email strategy.
The key features of MailChimp are
- Drag-and-drop builder. MailChimp offers a variety of templates and a drag-and drop builder that makes it easy to create and deliver beautifully designed messages.
- Automations. MailChimp allows users to create automated email flows such as abandoned Cart flows, welcome sequences, etc.
- Content studio. You can also store and manage files and images in the library. This is especially useful for E-commerce merchants that want to display product photos in emails.
- Reporting. MailChimp lets you track and measure everything, from open rates to clicks to sales. You can access up-to-the minute statistics wherever you may be.
- Mobile app. Mailchimp’s mobile application allows you to create, manage, and track your campaigns from anywhere. You can access powerful MailChimp features even while on the go.
- It is simple to use
- Drag-and-drop editor for email editing that is simple and clean
- Reports and analysis tools that are visually easy to understand
- Many features at an affordable price
- Many integrations
- There is no phone support available for non-premium plan customers
- The reporting features of top-tier marketing automation platforms aren’t as advanced as the ones in this report.
- Affiliate marketing is not ideal for a business model that includes this type of marketing.
- Plan for free
- Essentials Plan: Starts at $9.99/month
- Standard plan starts at $14.99/month
- Premium plan starts at $299/month
8. Constant Contact
It was humble in its beginnings. ConstantContact was founded in 1995 in a small attic. Its founders “envisioned an online tool that would allow small businesses, nonprofits and individuals to reach a wider audience without affecting their marketing budget.”
The platform has seen tremendous growth since then. Constant Contact is now one of the most prominent players in email marketing, especially for small businesses, with over 650,000 customers. Constant Contact recently added unique features such as social campaigns and surveys that are difficult to find among their competitors.
Constant Contact’s key features:
- Automation for email marketing. This software allows you to create automated email flows that include welcome messages, trigger-based and other emails.
- Email editor. Constant Contact provides a drag-and drop email editor and a variety of templates that will help you create beautiful emails that look great on both desktop and mobile devices.
- E-commerce email marketing. Constant Contact has also developed tools specifically for Ecommerce merchants. These tools include web store integration, Google ads and social media.
- Contact management. Upload your email list easily from Excel, Salesforce or Outlook. You can easily keep your email list tidy and clean by having the solution handle unsubscribes and bounces.
- Reporting. Constant Contact offers real-time analytics that will help you monitor your open rates, clicks and email shares. Your list can be segmented based on what content they interact with.
- Drag-and-drop email editor
- Numerous mobile-optimized, pixel-perfect templates
- Simple analytics to get the job done
- Good segmentation ability
- Many niche tools and integrations that are not typically found in competitors
- Automating features could be improved
- Monthly fees high
- Email plan starting at $20/month
- Email Plus Plan: Starting at $45/month
MailerLite is the ideal tool for beginners in email marketing. This platform is for solo entrepreneurs and freelancers looking to do more than just send emails.
This platform stays true to its roots. Although it’s not as well-known or popular as the others on this list, more than 830,000 people worldwide trust it.
The key features of MailerLite are
- You can create campaigns. Drag & Drop editor makes it easy to create professional and beautiful newsletters. You don’t have to hire a designer or learn HTML skills.
- Increase subscribers. MailerLite knows how important it is to have new subscribers. MailerLite offers many outstanding features such as website builder, landing page, pop-ups and embedded forms to help you get new subscribers from all over the Internet.
- Send the right message. With their advanced targeting capabilities, you can personalize your emails and send the right message to each subscriber at the right time. It’s easy to set up and takes just minutes.
- Optimize your campaigns. You will see a better performance in your campaigns if you experiment and optimize your emails. These essential email marketing features help MailerLite improve your metrics.
- Keep track of your results. Every email is an opportunity to learn. The software monitors your campaigns to determine which ones work best for you.
- This is one of the most affordable options available
- Interface is simple and easy to use
- Robust segmentation features and personalization
- Analytics in real-time
Cons: Not for you if complex automation is required or extensive reporting is required. The features offered are very simple.
- Plan for free
- Premium plans start at $10 per month
AWeber is an experienced email marketer who has been around for over two decades. They claim to have invented autoresponders, so it’s not surprising that marketing automation is one their most prominent features.
AWeber’s goal for email marketing is to make it simple for people who just want to get started. It allows them to create beautiful emails, segment their contacts and then nurture leads. AWeber’s deliverability has been praised by users. The deliverability team monitors the servers 24 hours a day to ensure that your campaign reaches your recipients.
AWeber’s key features:
- Creator of landing pages and email templates. Without ever needing to code, you can create and customize email templates or landing pages. This feature features a smart designer, visually stunning landing pages, drag and drop email creation, a free template library, auto-newsletters, and an auto-newsletter.
- Automate email campaigns and emails. AWeber allows you to create automated campaigns and personalize your email marketing efforts.
- Engage customers. You can build and manage your contacts lists with the software to reach more customers with the right offers at just the right moment.
- Analytics and reporting. Analytics and reporting allow you to instantly analyze the results of marketing efforts and make data-driven business decisions.
- It is very easy to send email newsletters to novices
- There are more than 150 templates available.
- Many integrations are available, including WordPress, PayPal and Eventbrite.
- Easy pixel-perfect, drag-and-drop email building
- Great list segmentation feature
- Easy to read metrics dashboard
- Phone support is superior to any other software
Cons: Some features are a bit outdated and have not been updated for a while.
- Plan for free
- Pro Plan: Starting at $19/month
More to you
Email marketing software generally offers all the basics needed to create a basic email campaign. However, there are less options if you want more advanced features like segmentation, stellar support and data analysis.
The best email marketing service you choose depends on your goals and needs. To get started, you should review the options and the pricing pages for the software.
This guide to 8+ top email marketing software should make your decision much easier. If you have any questions, please contact us. We’ll be sure to reply as quickly as possible.