The metaverse refers to a virtual environment where individuals can use digital avatars to shop, work and play. This idea is worth considering, especially as Facebook’s parent company last year pledged to invest heavily in the metaverse and changed its name from Meta Platforms Inc.
Marketers will have many opportunities in the metaverse’s rapid growth.
You might be wondering: Does the metaverse exist?
Answering the questions yes, to a certain extent. It’s already possible to create a metaverse within gaming, but it’s very basic. Here are the essential facts:
The Metaverse offers opportunities for marketers and AR/VR-savvy brands around the globe. The virtual universe will be an important hub for brands over the next few years.
Imagine your digital avatar walking into an electronic shop to ask questions.
You have finally placed an order for a product. It will be shipped to you at your physical address.
The metaverse is the convergence of digital and physical realities.
What is Meta?
Meta is “beyond” and verse is “universe”. However, there are many definitions based on various sources and opinions about the metaverse.
Imagine you can travel inside an advanced digital universe and blend your experiences from the real world with them. This is the metaverse.
Recent reports published on PwC/Cointelegraph.com predict the metaverse market will grow by over $1,544 billion within 10 years.
Madness Over Metaverse – focusing marketing
- According to Google Trends, many people used the term “metaverse” in their search terms during the past year.
- At the moment, If you include the word “metaverse” in your social media search like LinkedIn you will receive more than 2700 results. These include profile titles, headlines, and posts that contain the exact keywords.
- The tag #metaverse was already used in over 110k Instagram posts.
- Twitter recently reported an average of 2000+ tweets per hour that included the hashtag #metaverse.
- You can search Google News for more than 200k results.
What can marketers expect from the Metaverse?
The pandemic push for new opportunities, and technologies such as VR are rapidly moving away from the old stigma and into the future. From the original iPhone, mobile technologies have more potential to influence our culture.
Digital marketers are constantly optimizing and increasing their visibility on search engines such as Google, Bing, and others. We also need to look at how to be visible in Metaverse.
Brands like Gucci, Nike, and Snap are involved in creating virtual communities, assets, content, art, experiences, and universes.
Source: Influencer Market Hub
We can now step out of the real world and into the virtual one, where we will have a different economy, environment, currency, and behaviors.
What are Brands doing to prepare for the Metaverse?
It seems that VR and AR are the future of digital marketing services in Miami.
These technologies allow brands to create virtual showrooms that enable customers and users to tour the space. Interact with 3D objects such as jewelry, cars, and other digital assets to engage with the space.
Augmented Reality has allowed customers to tap into Virtual Try-on for makeup or glasses and visualize furniture in their homes.
Statista estimates that there will be 2.4 billion mobile augmented reality users by 2023, according to Statista.
Online selling virtual reality products online is a promising new revenue stream for brands. Online digital goods are offered by brands like Gucci and Nike. These products can be customized with handbags and shoes as well as sunglasses. Avatars will also need to have their wardrobe changed based on seasons, moods, and events.
Nike, for example, uses 3D technology to allow consumers to design/build their products. It also provides valuable intelligence to fans by allowing them to build their shoes.
Gucci, a globally renowned brand, made this a case study.
Snap, an American social media and camera company, stated that the shopping AR experience resulted in positive ROAS as Snapchatters purchased the products through the app. This is a good result for a campaign that was supposed to only generate awareness and engagement.”
This is how marketers currently learn about SEO for popular platforms such as YouTube, Google, Bing, and others. To be part of the metaverse discussion, a similar approach should also be used. For example, optimizing content with keywords such as metaverse’ can help you attract the right audience through organic search results.
- AR Content Strategy We can connect with our audience on a deeper level by taking advantage of the metaverse. This is an immersive virtual 3D universe. You can try new content types.
You might be running a tourism and travel business. Through content marketing, you would like to promote your trip to Malaga, Spain via a blog. Traditional marketing would have you write a blog filled with photos and information about the city. Or, perhaps, create a video that highlights the most important landmarks and places to visit. You can take your audience on a virtual tour of the city or to different hotels so they can decide which one is their favorite.
- Local SEO– Do you own a local restaurant or small business? Google can help with AR/VR technology to create a 3D experience directly from your local listings.
- Visual Search Images are an effective way to engage users. Google can understand both the quality and content of images because it is intelligent enough. Augmented Reality (AR), which allows users to see clothing products in a real-time environment, is set to revolutionize the user’s shopping experience. AR and 3D platforms can be used for creating digital wearable and tradeable garments.
- Social media on Metaverse The social network seems now ready to go from 2D to 3D. Facebook and other brands see their future as a metaverse business. Oculus (the brand), Facebook Horizon virtual reality platform, and the newly formed Facebook Metaverse executive group are ready to enter the social metaverse.
The Benefits of Metaverse Marketing
Businesses have many options in the metaverse. Metaverse Marketing can bring many benefits to your brand.
- Create your virtual venue – Work with AR/VR platforms, designers, and other professionals
- Your virtual product can be transformed into an NFT (non-fungible token)
- It increases brand recognition and engagement
- Unlimited turnout
- High-volume monetization
- Engagement and reach increase
- All types of businesses can benefit from suitability
- Long-term results
- Customer loyalty and referrals improved
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs
- When will we see a fully developed metaverse?
According to tech giants, it could be five to ten years before a fully developed metaverse becomes mainstream. This virtual world is accessible, even though it isn’t yet available to everyone.
- How will people access the Metaverse in the future?
People will soon be able to enter the metaverse with only a VR headset or an AR headset shortly. Most likely, AR and VR headsets will merge to create a headset capable of delivering both virtual reality and augmented reality.
- What companies have invested in the metaverse?
Other than companies like Microsoft and Sony, many other names have invested in the development of the metaverse, including Nvidia and Niantic as well as Apple and Decentraland.
Future of Metaverse Closing Thoughts
The metaverse has a bright future. It’s no longer science fiction.
The metaverse promises a new level of social connectivity, mobility, and collaboration for the world. We will soon be able to see the world through AR glasses, and leverage immersive technologies.
We still have to wait for the metaverse of madness.
There are endless possibilities. Metaverse is unavoidable! (Like Thanos)
It is a fascinating area that I would love to explore more. ?
All questions are welcome. Please leave them in the comments. Until next time, Happy Marketing!