Did you know that 90% of Pinterest users use Pinterest to help them decide on the products they want? If you don’t use this platform, you are missing a chance to sell products through your Etsy shop directly to interested leads.
Pinterest is not just about pinning products on boards. Pinterest Ads can help you increase brand awareness and sales.
Keep reading to learn why Pinterest ads are so important for Etsy shops. We’ll also give you four tips to get started.
Call us now or Contact Us Online for help with Pinterest ads. We offer a variety of Pinterest advertising services.
Why should Pinterest ads be used to promote Etsy?
Pinterest is an excellent platform for marketing Etsy products.
Let’s look at why Etsy products advertising via Pinterest is such a great idea.
You will get more leads
Pinterest ads will help you reach people most likely to be interested.
Most Etsy customers are between 25-54 years old. Here’s the breakdown:
- 21% of Customers on Etsy are between 25-34 years old
- 19% of Customers on Etsy are between 45-54 years old
- 18% of Customers on Etsy are between 35-44 years old
67% of users are women. This is a bonus.
How does it compare to Pinterest?
Pinterest can reach 83% of women aged 25-54 years.
Pinterest ads can help you reach people interested in your products.
This increases brand exposure
Pinterest can be a great way for people to learn about your Etsy shop. You may advertise your brand on Pinterest to reach your market.
They will be exposed to your brand and products, even if they don’t click on your pin.
People will recall your brand if they see it again. This will increase their chances to engage in your pins.
Conversions offer more
Did You Know That 61% of Pinterest Users Purchased Products After Seeing a Promoted Pinterest Pin? Promoted pins can help you reach more people, increase conversions and get more people to your site.
Pinterest is the best place to make more sales if you want to increase your sales.
These are the steps you need to take before you use Pinterest ads.
You have seen the many benefits of Pinterest ads, and you are ready to promote your products there.
Learn how to use Pinterest for Etsy.
- Set up your Pinterest profile
- Reclamation on your Etsy account via your Pinterest profile
- Pin content to your boards
This is a step-by-step guide.
1. Create your Pinterest Business profile
To advertise on Pinterest, you will need to create an account for your Pinterest Business.
Sign up at Pinterest’s Business Website
Creating a profile and completing the form for Your shop’s branding is important to maintain consistency.
Fill out your profile. A background photo and icon should reflect your brand.
Be consistent with your business profile.
2. Claim your Etsy shop
Create your Pinterest profile and then claim your Etsy account. This allows you to view website analytics and lets people find your content.
How can you claim your Etsy shop?
Click the three dots in the upper-right corner.
Click the dots to open an interactive drop-down menu Select “Edit settings”.
A menu will appear to the left of your settings. Click “Claim”.
This page will let you claim your Etsy profile. Claim your profile to add your name to Pins for your Etsy shop.
These steps will allow you to claim your Etsy account. Any pins you post will be given credit.
3. Pin to Pinterest boards by creating a Pinterest board
Promote your Etsy products on Pinterest easily by taking content you already have posted and advertising it. Content to pin to your profile.
To use Pinterest ads for Etsy, you will need to create boards to represent the products you offer.
Let’s say you have a jewelry shop on Etsy.
Pinterest boards can be created by you if you’re creating them.
These boards are easily broken down.
Your necklaces could be placed on various boards, such as
- Vintage necklaces
- Necklaces made from pearls
- Gold Necklaces
- Necklaces in silver
- Rose gold necklaces
- Necklaces with long lengths
These boards can be more targeted and used to attract people who are searching for specific products. Pin every item on all boards.
Pinterest boards can be created to collect content for your Pinterest ads.
How to make Pinterest ads for Etsy
Now that you have established your Pinterest presence, you can start running Pinterest ads.
These steps will help you to sell Etsy products on Pinterest.
1. Choose your pin
Learn how to sell Etsy products using Pinterest. Promote pins that are in high demand in your shop.
There is a variety of promoted ads on Pinterest. You have many options:
- Promoted Pins: These pins have one image and are the basic format for ad formats.
- Promoted Pins with Video: These pins look similar to Promoted Pins. You can promote your products with one video.
- Promoted Carousels: Create a post with multiple images to allow people to look at your products closer.
These three options are available to you when marketing your products. Promoted pins and promoted video pins can be pulled from existing pins. Before you start advertising your Etsy shop, choose your pins.
2. Select your ad objective
When advertising Etsy products via Pinterest, you must set a goal.
Pinterest has three primary objectives for your business:
- Increase traffic to your site. This is your Pinterest ad’s goal.
- Increase awareness: This goal can be achieved if you want to make Etsy more visible to the world and help people find it.
- Video views can help build brand awareness.
Select the best ad goal to promote your Etsy shop via Pinterest.
3. To reach the people you want, you need to set up your target audience
Targeting the right people to generate Etsy sales via Pinterest is crucial.
Targeting people is possible by:
Targeting the right people can help you reach Pinterest users who are most likely to be interested.
4. Set your budget
When you promote Etsy products via Pinterest, you must establish a budget.
Pinterest offers two budget options:
- A daily limit on your spending: You can set a daily amount that you will spend each morning. Once you have reached your daily limit, your ad will stop running.
- Limit on lifetime spending: You can set a budget that limits your lifetime spending. If this threshold is reached, your ad will be stopped.
What budget should you have?
Determine the cost of generating leads via your ads to set your budget. Let us take a look at the median cost of advertising on Pinterest.
- To boost engagement: $0.10 to $1.50 per engagement
- Traffic – $0.10 to $1.50 per engagement
- Brand awareness: $2.00 to $5.00 for 1000 impressions
To promote your Etsy shop effectively, you need to set a budget.
5. Placement of your choice
Where your ad is placed determines where it will be seen.
- Browse: Your ads will appear wherever people surf. You can find them in their newsfeeds, as they scroll down, or in broad categories that they choose (e.g. “Cooking”)
- Search: Users will see your ads when they search for certain keywords. Search results will show posts that match the keywords and your ads.
- Both Placements: You can appear in both categories. This will increase the budget as you are more visible to more people
6. Add keywords
After you’ve chosen your location, you’ll select your keywords. You can choose keywords and interests to make sure your ad stands out to the right people.
Interests could be broad categories such as food or art. You can target these categories so people who are searching for them or browsing them will see your ads.
Keywords are also possible to be a target. Search results related to your business will show your ad Many people will be more interested in your Etsy products.
7. Your ad is ready
Once you have all the information you need to promote Etsy products through Pinterest, you can start your ads and drive people toward your shop!
These are four tips to make Pinterest ads on Etsy.
These four simple tips will help you place Etsy orders using Pinterest ads.
1. Create a new approach using photos and videos.
Want your ads to stand out from other pins?
Create unique images and videos that will attract people to your advertisement.
Customers can see your product from a variety of angles.
People will notice your pin if it’s different from the rest. Pinterest is a great way to find Etsy products.
2. You can try different visuals
Pinterest can be a visual platform, so it is important to choose the right image. Test different visuals to determine if they can get Etsy sellers interested in buying from Pinterest.
First, you’ll need to test different formats. To see if photos work better for a product than video pins,
To find out which photos and videos are most popular, experiment with different formats. The product can be viewed from different angles or a user can create videos.
To get the most out of Pinterest ads for Etsy, you can try different visuals.
3. Make your pins engaging and fun
Pinterest can be used to create fun and engaging pins that increase Etsy sales.
4. To increase brand exposure, add your logo to the visuals
Pinterest ads can help increase brand exposure. Pin your brand name on your pin photos to increase brand visibility.
This will ensure that people see your brand name in both the photo and the pin.
Need help with Pinterest ads on Etsy and other social media sites?
Your Etsy shop is busy creating products and managing orders. Pinterest advertising campaigns can seem overwhelming with all of these tasks.
Kobe Digital offers a team of experts that can help you manage your Pinterest advertising campaigns. We will create Pinterest ads on Etsy to increase brand awareness, convert more customers and improve customer conversions.
For more information about our Pinterest advertising program, call us or email us.