You are already one step ahead of the rest if you have read our article on best dropshipping products. The next step is to find the best way to source these popular products.
Dropshipping is a critical part of your business. Your suppliers will package your products, perform quality checks, and then ship the products directly to your customers. If your supplier makes a mistake, it is your responsibility to correct it. You want to make sure you pick someone who will stand by you.
However, it is not easy to learn how to find dropshipping companies.
How do you find dropship suppliers that are right for your business?
To help you get started, we have created a comprehensive guide! Get ready!
What are dropshipping suppliers, first?
Dropshipping, if you didn’t know it by now, is a business model where you don’t have to manage inventory or delivery. The product will be shipped directly to customers from the suppliers’ or manufacturers’ warehouses. Your task is to promote and provide customer service. The rest will be handled by your suppliers.
Dropshipping suppliers are wholesalers, manufacturers, or suppliers who offer dropshipping services. Dropshipping suppliers will sign a contract with the seller, stating which parts they are responsible for.
They may be responsible for:
- Make products
- Your bands can label products
- Customers can order package products
- Send the products to your customers
- Track your shipment
- Return items
Dropshipping providers may not be able to offer all the above. However, a quality service should provide all necessary information so you have the best possible experience. Let’s get to the next section now that we have all the definitions.
What is the importance of a reliable dropshipping supplier?
It is clear that dropshipping suppliers are essential. These suppliers can provide the following benefits to your business:
- Time-saving. Dropshipping suppliers with high-quality services will not waste your time. You will know exactly what you are getting for the money you pay.
- Customer satisfaction. Customers will stay longer with you if they have a high-quality product and secure packaging.
- Branding for businesses. Dropshipping suppliers can send customized packaging and invoices to customers with your logo or design. This can help you to promote your brand.
- Cost-efficiency. You can guarantee the highest quality service and save money by spending every cent at the right place.
- Long-time benefit. A great partner can make your business more successful. Dropshipping suppliers can be a great partner.
Let’s take a look at the most important considerations for choosing dropshipping suppliers.
What makes a dropshipping supplier great?
Dropshipping is not for everyone. There are a few keys to finding the gems in the rough. Let’s take a look at the characteristics of a great supplier before we talk about how to find them.
High quality product
Dropshippers are the ones that sell the most products.
Selling high-quality products is:
- Higher customer satisfaction
- Referrals from WOM (word of mouth) are more common
- Get better product reviews
- There are fewer returns
Selling quality products has no downside, except for lower margins. The benefits mentioned above will result in more profits for dropshipping than what you would get selling a low-quality, high-margin product.
No huge per-order fees
Dropshipping providers charge a per-order fee that you must pay each time you place an online order. This is because dropshipping suppliers have to spend extra time and resources packing and shipping products.
Sometimes suppliers will charge exorbitant fees. We recommend that you do some math to see if you still make a profit even if the fee is high. Keep looking if you don’t find the answer.
It may take days or even weeks for your supplier to ship the item. They will not be a good fit. Dropshipping is a highly competitive market. There’s no place for slow shipping. If your shipping process is too lengthy, you will lose.
You will also gain an advantage if you partner with suppliers that ship quickly. We recommend that you place a test order before making your final decision.
Dropshipping technology is becoming more important as your business expands. Although it is not essential right away, you should consider choosing suppliers who have the endgame in mind.
These are some signs that a dropshipping supplier is investing in technology:
- Detailed website with detailed product descriptions
- A data feed that updates your product listings automatically with inventory data
- You can place and cancel orders via their website or email.
These advanced features are not available to all dropshipping vendors. Don’t let one dropshipping supplier go just because they don’t have a beautiful website. Keep these things in mind as you search.
Customer support that is knowledgeable and helpful
A great customer service team is something we look for when choosing a dropshipping supplier. It is important to be able to call them to get all your questions answered and to have any problems addressed.
We know that no one is perfect and they will not be able to answer all your questions right away. They should be able to answer your questions quickly and find the answers.
How do you find a dropshipping supplier that is reliable?
It can be difficult to find a dropshipping supplier, as there are many suppliers available. You could face unexpected circumstances, get complaints from customers about defective products, lose profits or invest in a business that looks doomed from the beginning.
Therefore, it is important to select the best option or the one that you feel will be most beneficial to you. These five steps will help you choose the right one.
#1. Market research
After you have decided which products you want to sell it is time to start researching. Dropshipping suppliers can be found by following these steps:
Google is the most common source of information when we need it. Google is fast and easy to locate dropshipping suppliers. However, it comes with its own risks.
Google makes it easy to search for dropshipping suppliers by simply entering “[Product] + dropshipping provider”. These are some things to keep in mind when using Google:
- Do not judge the website. It is not uncommon for traditional suppliers to have a poorly designed website. Do not be deceived by an outdated website. Many legitimate suppliers have terrible homepages.
- Use many keywords. Traditional suppliers may not practice SEO the same way you do. You shouldn’t use “[Product] + Dropshipping Supplier.” Instead, try using as many keywords as you can like “distributor”, “wholesaler,” and “reseller.”
After Google has displayed a list of results for you, click through each URL to search for the phone number or email ID.
Subscribe to online directories
Online directories can be used to locate dropshipping suppliers. Online directories provide a vast database of suppliers organized by market, industry, or niche. These directories are a great way to find dropshipping suppliers. Every company listed must pass through certain screenings to verify their legitimacy.
Some of the most popular directories – such as Spocket or Salehoo– require subscriptions. You can also browse free directories like Wholesale2b. Unfortunately, directories that are free of charge can sometimes be outdated. While suppliers who are no longer in business appear not on the directory, they are still available.
Participate in trade shows
Trade shows are a great way to meet suppliers and manufacturers in the area where you wish to dropship. Trade shows are a great way to stay informed about the latest manufacturing technologies and methods.
Dropshipping suppliers will be available to you at trade shows. It’s important to be prepared. Preparation can help you show what packaging you want, where you place your branding, and so forth.
The Trade Show News Network has the largest directory of trade shows. You can search by country or industry to find the event that interests you.
Join industry groups and networks
Many retailers won’t share the secrets to their success, such as the names of dropshipping suppliers. However, industry members want to learn and share their knowledge.
Dropshipping is a great way to gain invaluable insights from industry professionals. Your peers might suggest suppliers that are better or warn you about potential suppliers to avoid.
Referring to people you trust and know is the best way to be reliable. Ask your friends and family to refer you to the best suppliers or wholesalers for dropshipping products.
You may not know that your friends and family might have many networks. Get them involved in your search for dropshipping suppliers. They might also be able to attest to the legitimacy and character of the supplier or manufacturer. They will probably not recommend any that are a hassle to you in the future.
Similar topic Top USA Dropshipping Suppliers
#2. Contact the suppliers
Once you’ve compiled a list of dropshipping suppliers to start to contact them to find out if they are a good match. Keep these things in mind:
- First, email them. It’s much quicker to email than by phone to get the information that you require. Emails will provide all the information you need without the hassle of waiting on the phone.
- Give them a call to follow up. Sending an email can increase your chances of getting a reply. You can also learn more about the support staff at a supplier by calling them again.
If you are considering emailing a supplier of dropshipping or calling them by phone, you might be wondering what to tell them. Here are our suggestions:
- What are the payment terms? Can they be negotiable? This is a simple question. This will allow you to see their actual pricing (the price they list on their website is usually higher than the actual cost) and negotiate the best deal.
- Is there additional cost to the product than the actual price? Dropshipping providers may charge delivery fees, restocking charges for returns, fuel surcharges or duties on imported products. It is better to be aware of what you are signing up for before it happens.
- Are they selling directly to customers? Many suppliers also sell dropshipping services to customers. This is something you should understand before making a decision.
- What is their return policy for defective items? Sometimes suppliers ship the wrong item accidentally, while customers order the wrong one. You need to find out how your supplier will handle this situation.
- What is your expected gross margin? What is your expected gross margin? Even if your dropshipping supplier sets your own process, they should be able tell you how other sellers make, on an average.
- What guarantee or warranty do they provide? You need to be able to offer your customers a great return policy by knowing what warranties your dropshipping supplier offers.
- When might prices change? Dropshipping suppliers can often change your prices without warning. This can have a negative impact on your business so be prepared in advance.
- Are they connected to a data feed? We mentioned data feeds in our “Technology Investment” section. Dropshipping suppliers that support data feeds can make it easy to update your store without having to manually enter information such as quantity, descriptions, images, and so on.
It is important to make a good first impression so it is worth trying to build a relationship with suppliers from the beginning. It is easier to build trust and get your questions answered quickly. This will help avoid future disputes.
#3. Order suppliers samples
After you have identified dropshipping suppliers that you are interested in working with, you can order as many samples as you need.
It is important to pay attention and take note of all aspects of the process. This includes shipping times, packaging, service, and any other issues you might have. This is important because it allows you to understand the customer experience with your dropshipping shop’s service.
You can also order from your competitors while you are doing this. You can then compare shipping times, packaging materials, customer service, and other aspects of dropshipping to help you improve or adjust your business. To be competitive, you should be at the top or close to them.
Dropshipping suppliers are well-established in the industry. They will not treat you well if you sound like a novice (i.e. you don’t really know what you are talking about).
Always negotiate to ensure you get what you want. Show your customers if you have an existing online store that has traffic and tell them what you promised to do with your customers. Delivery must be within 3 days
If you are just starting, it is important to approach them professionally and respect their opinion. Email templates are a good idea. They will show you have done your research and allow you to ask specific questions.
You’ll be able to get the best dropshipping deals if you do these things.
Dropshipping can seem appealing at first but things might not be so great once you get into the business. This is normal and should not be discouraged.
Keep in mind the quality of their products, how they handle returns, and the response they give you. Before you commit to working with them, make sure to discuss all options and to understand their process. Set a deadline for your decision.
The bottom line
It doesn’t matter if you are just starting dropshipping, or if your online store is established, it is crucial to find the right suppliers.
Although there are many options for finding the right suppliers, it can be difficult. Last, we recommend that you have multiple suppliers. They can provide more products and better quality.
We hope you found this guide helpful in finding a dropshipping supplier. We are happy to answer any questions you may have. Each question will be answered!