There is this rumor that now AI-based digital marketing tools are open and available to everyone, and the job of digital marketers is done. The story is you can kiss goodbye to a digital marketing agency because ChatGPT has arrived.
Digital marketing with AI is powerful.
Micro-testing, content creation, and team performance are three areas in which you can reap the benefits of artificial intelligence in online advertising almost instantly.
Is it true that we are heading for an AI marketing apocalypse?
Relax. Most of the rumors are unfounded.
But a huge shift is underway. This is not the moment to do things the old way.
If you are unsure how to introduce AI-based digital marketing to your business without creating a lot of stress for you and your team, below we explain three simple strategies you can implement this minute.
All it takes for most included techniques is to log onto ChatGPT and start a conversation.
Before we delve into ChatGPT strategizing, let’s look into the importance of AI in online marketing.
Artificial Intelligence in Digital Marketing
You can use AI-based digital marketing to optimize and automate various aspects of online marketing:
- Prediction. AI online marketing tools analyze large amounts of data and make predictions and recommendations based on that data. Artificial intelligence can help identify patterns and trends in consumer behavior, allowing you to make data-driven decisions.
- Personalization. AI can help tailor content and messaging to your ideal client based on their preferences and behaviors, which can increase your customer lifetime value and create a customer loyalty base. AI can also help you identify and target new audiences by analyzing data from social media and other sources, bringing new customers on board.
- Automation. Ad targeting and bidding, content creation, and email marketing can be automated and optimized with AI digital marketing tools.
- Customer service. Chatbots are another example of AI-based digital marketing where artificial intelligence can be used to provide personalized customer service and support, monitor and analyze online conversations and brand sentiment, and respond quickly to any negative feedback or issues.
- Campaign optimization. AI, specifically machine learning algorithms, can be used to optimize advertising campaigns in real-time, and automatically adjust bids and targeting to maximize campaign performance.
The simplest way to start experimenting with AI in digital marketing is by asking ChatGPT questions. However, you do need to know how to ask the right questions to get the right answers. To begin with, you can start conversing with ChatGPT about micro tests, content creation, and team delegation.
Fine-tune Microtests with AI Digital Marketing Tools
Micro testing, also called A/B testing or split testing, is a standard digital marketing method used to compare the performance of different marketing strategies or content.
Wonder why micro tests don’t perform as well as they used to. It might be down to your audience diverging to another brand, you not speaking their language, or failing to solve a subtle, more specific problem.
AI marketing tools can help improve micro tests in several ways. Here are some examples:
1. OPTIMIZE TARGETING.
AI tools can help identify the most relevant audience for your micro test. You can then automatically target those individuals with different versions of your marketing content. This can help ensure that you are comparing apples to apples (variables to variables) and that any differences in performance are due to the content itself, rather than differences in audience demographics or interests.
2. CREATE CONTENT.
You can ask ChatGPT to generate different versions of your marketing content, such as headlines or ad copy, that are optimized for specific audiences or goals. This can help ensure that each version of your content is as effective as possible and that you are not wasting time and resources on ineffective versions.
3. MONITOR IN REAL-TIME.
Some AI marketing tools can monitor the performance of each version of your marketing content in real-time, and then automatically adjust the targeting or content based on the results. This can help ensure that you are constantly improving your strategy and maximizing the effectiveness of your marketing efforts.
4. ANALYZE THE PAST TO PREDICT THE FUTURE.
One of the irreplaceable applications of AI in online marketing is analyzing past campaign data, identifying patterns, and making predictions about what might work best in future tests. Predictive analytics can help you make more informed decisions about what to test and how to optimize your content.
5. PERFORM SENTIMENT ANALYSIS.
Online conversations and sentiment around your brand, products, and services impact your marketing performance, helping you identify potential issues or opportunities that may impact your campaigns. Apart from using AI software that can monitor brand sentiment, you can use ChatGPT to explore techniques you can apply to effectively make test and content adjustments and tackle negative feedback or issues as soon as they arise.
As a rule of thumb, AI in online marketing boosts your capacity to apply data-driven insights and make better-informed decisions.
Create Content with AI (ChatGPT)
Here are some suggestions about how to use ChatGPT for content creation :
1. GENERATE CONTENT IDEAS.
Lack of inspiration about your next article topic? Ask ChatGPT to suggest topics or angles for an article, blog post, or video. ChatGPT can also provide subtopics, headlines, or even specific keywords to include in your content.
2. CREATE CONTENT OUTLINES AND CONTENT BRIEFS.
Once you have an idea, ChatGPT can provide a structure for your article or post, including suggested sections and key points to cover.
3. RESEARCH CONTENT RESOURCES.
ChatGPT can help you research your topic in-depth by providing relevant information, statistics, or examples. Ask ChatGPT to find reputable resources or data to support your content, or to provide background information on a subject you are not an expert. You can be surprised how many consultants can ChatGPT replace in just one hour.
4. WRITE, EDIT, AND PROOFREAD CONTENT COPY.
If you’re struggling with writer’s block or need help refining and editing your writing because you are not a professional editor, you can ask ChatGPT to:
- Suggest synonyms or alternative phrasings for your content
- Rewrite paragraphs by using a different tone and voice
- Rephrase awkward or audience-irrelevant sentences.
- Find and correct grammar and spelling errors
- Provide feedback on content flow, readability, phraseology, and vocabulary
Once you start using ChatGPT as a content creation tool, the benefits are instantly tangible. However, you should not take this productivity improvement as a sign to become lazy. It’s still important to review and refine your content on your own, and to ensure that it meets your specific needs and goals.
ChatGPT can be your AI marketing assistant and provide suggestions and assistance, but ultimately, it’s up to you to determine what works best for your content and audience.
AI-based Digital Marketing for Task Delegation
Here are some AI methods and techniques to streamline your marketing team’s workflow and do your marketing tasks more efficiently:
1. IDENTIFY TASKS THAT CAN BE AUTOMATED.
Repetitive or time-consuming tasks can be automated with AI. For example, you might use AI tools to automatically generate reports, create targeted ads, schedule social media posts, write product descriptions, design websites, and streamline workflows by eliminating unnecessary work.
2. EVALUATE AI MARKETING TOOLS.
Look for tools that integrate with your existing marketing software that can be customized to meet your team’s specific needs. Ask ChatGPT to give you a list of apps to evaluate and compare. You can even ask the chatbot to do the comparison independently.
3. EDUCATE YOUR TEAM.
Training staff to do what only know how to do is a common obstacle for people who lack time and fear delegation. You can use AI-based digital marketing tools to build resources for your marketing team so that they can learn how to use them effectively. This might include tutorials, webinars, or one-on-one training sessions.
For example, on the question:
“Can you create a training about using the app Trello for digital marketing workflow for my 5-person team?” you get a full-blown 2-hr long training outline with training goals and training duration you can develop further and share with your team.
4. MONITOR TEAM PERFORMANCE.
Monitoring helps you identify weak areas where additional training or support might be needed.
5. ASSIGN TASKS AND TRACK PROGRESS.
How can you tell if you’ve delegated the right tasks to the right people? Monitor progress to ensure that delegation works in favor of meeting your goals and deadlines. Use the data and insights provided by your AI tools to adjust your marketing efforts over time.