Your company needs to stand out from the millions of small and medium-sized businesses that sell on Amazon. Amazon Stores are a great way to distinguish your brand from others and to build trust with customers. This guide will help you open an Amazon Store.
Get started building your Amazon Store today with these nine steps! Call Kobe Digital for professional assistance in designing, marketing, and creating your storefront.
How to create an Amazon store following these simple steps
1. Register to the Amazon Brand Registry
How to open an Amazon Storefront Register your company in the Amazon Brand Registry.
The Amazon Brand Registry protects you and your brand from copycats by allowing you to search for and report counterfeit products. Amazon constantly monitors its website to make sure that your products are not copied.
A registered, active trademark must be submitted to the Amazon Brand Registry. Amazon will take trademarks issued by WIPO and the following countries.
- United States
- United Kingdom
- European Union
- United Arab Emirates
These steps will help you determine if your application is eligible for the Amazon Brand Registry.
- Register to your Amazon Seller Central or Amazon Vendor Central account
- Your brand name (the brand name that is registered for trademark active)
- Provide your government-registered trademark number
- List all product categories that are relevant to your brand
- List all countries in which your brand’s products were manufactured and/or distributed
Amazon will review and approve your application once you have submitted it.
Amazon will reach out to the trademark owner during the registration process. Amazon will then assess if the brand meets the requirements of its Amazon Brand Registry.
Approval times for the Amazon Brand Registry can take up 24 hours.
After you have been approved by Amazon, you will receive a verification code that can be used to register in the program.
2. Amazon – Create your store
Once you have signed up for the Amazon Brand Registry you can open your Amazon storefront.
These steps will help you get started:
- Login to your Amazon Seller Central or Amazon Vendor Central accounts
- Click “Storefront” in the main navigation bar.
- Select “Create Store” on the next page.
- Choose your brand name in the pop-up box
- Click “Create Store”.
Your brand name will not be listed in the popup if you haven’t completed the Amazon Brand Registry registration. Only approved brands will appear on an Amazon storefront.
3. Add brand name and logo
Amazon will next send you to the builder of Amazon Stores.
Amazon will require the following information to proceed to the next stage:
- Your storefront’s brand display name. It should be easy to remember.
- Your brand’s logo: You can display your logo in the Amazon Store. While you can hide your logo using your settings, it will still be easily recognized by your audience.
After you have entered your brand name, logo and URL, click “Next”.
4. Select a pre-created design for your homepage
Next choose a layout for your homepage.
Amazon makes it simple to open an Amazon Storefront. It has pre-created designs so that you can personalize your Amazon Storefront with drag-and drop elements.
You don’t need to be a developer to create a Store. However, it might help to have some design experience.
Your homepage design options include:
- Marquee – Use large images to highlight multiple products within your brand.
- Use a striking image, video or audio to highlight your best-selling products.
- Product grid : Show all products in your catalog.
Amazon gives businesses with a web designer a blank design.
Before you can design a homepage, you will need to create page meta descriptions. This can be used to tag your products and business.
Click “Save” when you’re satisfied with the template.
5. Customize your Amazon Store design
After you have chosen your design, you are able to customize your Amazon Store.
The storefront builder at Amazon is easy to use. It’s easy to personalize your storefront to reflect your brand. The design you choose will determine how they are placed.
These tiles can be customized with images, text, or videos by clicking on the images.
You have the ability to bold, italicize or align text tiles within your Amazon Store. A link can be made to a product or page, such as a product section.
You have the option of uploading tiles or a predetermined box to use as a hero image. Upload a photo that represents your brand.
6. Add your products
Products can be added to your Amazon Store using tiles
Upload products before filling your Amazon Seller account. Add products in bulk to get the best experience.
This will enable you to add products into an Amazon Seller account.
- Login to your Amazon Seller Account
- Select “Inventory” from the navigation menu
- To add one product, click “Add Product”, or “Add Products via Upload” to add multiple products
Once you’ve created your product listings, your Amazon Store will be complete
Go to your Amazon In-Progress Store and click on a tile for “Product”.
Type in your keyword/ASIN to search for the product
Click on “Search” to load Amazon’s entire product catalog. Once you have found the products you want to list, click on “Add” to place them in the tile slot.
The tile will display your primary image as well as the price.
7. pages are a great way for you to grow your Amazon storefront
Shoppers will be able navigate your Amazon Storefront by adding pages. Pages are worth it if you have a large product catalog.
Have a look at these Anker pages, which were created for Amazon’s Store.
The company organizes its storefront in multiple sections, including
- Get the most recent releases.
- Power strips
Anker also creates pages within their pages. Anker, for example, has pages such as “Colorful Surprises”, and “Ultra high capacity: 22,000mAh+”.
Customers can find the perfect product with this organization.
This will allow you to expand your Amazon Store by creating a new page.
- Click “Add page” while in the Store Builder main Menu.
- Add the page title to your navigation bar.
- Enter The page’s meta description or purpose should be entered
- Select your template page: Product highlight or marquee, or Product grid
You can customize the new page by clicking on
8. Amazon – Preview your storefront
View your storefront before opening your Amazon Store.
View the Amazon Store by clicking the “Preview” button in the navigation bar. Interact with your storefront to verify that the links work correctly.
If you’re able, get feedback from others.
9. Start your Amazon Store
Once you’ve created your Amazon Store, it’s ready for launch.
Select “Submit for Publishing” from the navigation bar. Amazon will review and approve your Amazon Storefront within 72 hours.
This is it! You now know how to create an Amazon storefront.
FAQs about Amazon’s storefronts
Do you need more information than how to open an Amazon Storefront storefront? Browse our FAQ!
What’s an Amazon storefront?
Amazon Storefront allows sellers to sell products on Amazon. An Amazon Store lets shoppers browse and purchase products from a brand, while sellers can create an experience around their products.
Who is allowed to open an Amazon Storefront.
Sellers, vendors, and agencies can open an Amazon Storefront. This means that applicants must have an active, registered, text- or images-based trademark.
How much does an Amazon storefront cost
Amazon Storefronts can be used for free. Many companies who have an Amazon Store must subscribe to the Professional selling plan, which costs $39.99 per month.
Need help opening and marketing an Amazon storefront.
You are already familiar with the basics of setting up an Amazon storefront. Advertising on Amazon is crucial if your brand is to succeed.
Kobe Digital is an agency that Amazon sellers may use to provide them dedicated marketing and advertising personnel.
Our winning team can help you make the most of Amazon’s advertising and marketing without taking away your focus from other areas of your business.
Contact us or call us for more information about our Store services on Amazon.